US Aviation Intelligence Organization Adds Flying Saucer To Logo
Sept 28 Edit: After being posted for several days and getting considerable attention, the “unofficial and incorrect” UFO-bearing logo has been removed, inspiring no confidence in the ability of US intelligence agencies to secure their websites.
In another sign that reality is collapsing in on itself, the National Intelligence Manager for Aviation just punched up their logo with an unmistakable flying saucer. The “DNI’s (Director of National Intelligence) principal advisor on aviation issues” recently added the craft to its seal, positioned alongside a suite of human aircraft as if observing them with a kind of benevolent detachment. Or hostility, it’s hard to tell what the graphic designer had in mind.
This is just the latest demonstration of how serious the American government has gotten about UFO’s (since rebranded UAPs, or Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) over the last couple of years.
- September 2019: The US Navy admits that several puzzling UAP videos previously leaked to the public are genuine, and were recorded by naval aviators in 2004, 2014, and 2015.
- June 2021: The Director of National Intelligence releases a report entitled “Preliminary Assessment: Unidentified Aerial Phenomena” which concludes, among other things that “Most of the UAP reported probably do represent physical objects given that a majority of UAP were registered across multiple sensors” and that “Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernable means of propulsion.”
- May 2022: The US Congress holds its first open hearing on UAP in more than fifty years.
- December 2021: In the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022, Congress mandates the establishment of an “Office, Organizational Structure, and Authorities to address Unidentified Aerial Phenomena.”
- July 2022: Nothing much happens, so as part of the Intelligence Authorization Act For Fiscal Year 2023, Congress tells the Department of Defense to get its ass in gear on the aforementioned organization. with the working title…